Friday, March 26, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
- Continuing to tighten bolts on old joists sistered to new joists (turns out our framing contractor was lazy about this, imagine that)
- Removing trash & cardboard from the house so that there's more room for our insulation & drywall subs
- Building a floor in the attic with the plywood that had been covering up the windows. This is basically all of the storage we will have in the house. It's over our bedroom but the height is only 2-4', so today I experienced drilling while laying down. We will have a drop-down ladder to access this space in the hallway and we're planning to build some little carts on wheels so we can overcome the low clearance and utilize the space for storage as much as possible.
- Running a conduit for the subwoofer wire from the front wall around to where the receiver will be
- General sweeping & vacuuming
We signed our insulation contract so hopefully that can be installed this week. We're starting to get bids in from contractors on various components of the finish installation. So far GCs have quoted between $64K and $128K, which is insane, especially with us providing all of the finishes! Looks like Eric will probably be GC'ing til the end.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Helen and I got most of the wiring figured out today and a game plan to make it all work. We are also consolidating a number of under-used 15 amp circuts which gives us more room in the panel. By doing this we can also run a line up to the attic area to provide lights in that space which can be later converted in the future phase to be used as a power feed for lights / outlets in the master bed room. So with the additional line run to the attic combined with the current subpanel we should have enough juice for our 3 floor and deck.
I'm actually pulling a few if the lines myself to help speed the process along. We also discovered today that Bruce did not run power the back bedroom light / fan, ran power to a switch bank twice in the kitchen, did not run the switching correctly for the entryway recessed lights and did not run power to the switch back by the front door.